Thursday, December 29, 2011

How to read the Bible


"Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions." -F.Hess

Please answer the following questions:

a.) Do you read the bible everyday?
 b.) Or do you only read it during Special days like sundays, Christmas, or any religion related days?
c.) Or do you only read it when you feel like it.?
and
 d.) worst, you don't really read it all, just when you are FORCED to?


What is your answer?

   In my case, I don't read the bible everyday. So my answer would be "C" but sometimes "B". I only read the bible whenever I feel guilty not reading it , which is not right.

   We should see , reading the bible a responsibility or a task we need to accomplish everyday we shouldn't read the bible when I'm really angry or depressed ( though I can't call it depression yet).

Well, I recommend we should all find comfortand peace from God's word.  :)


Back to my point, I just hope that I or we would learn how to read the BIBLE everyday before 2011 ends. You could also add it on your new year's resolution list.

When I say "how to read the bible" , I do not mean how we read it by understanding the essence of those verse numbers or the arrangement of the names of the books in the bible. What I mean with " how to read the bible" is how to read the bible with the right motivation and best frequency , which is everyday.  I hope we will soon learn to move our fingers to open the pages of the book everyday until it becomes our breakfast or our dinner. It would even be more satisfying and full-filling than our usual meal, right?
Ofcourse, because it is THE REAL MEAL!




Too bad for me, my bible was ruined by Typhoon Washi (Sendong) huhuhu T______T
I have to buy a new one...(saving money)




Anyway, A D V A N C E   H A P P Y , H A P P Y   N E W  Y E A R !!!    ^_____________^


Covenant of the Hands

Now hold my hand and swear (to God) that you will learn to read the bible everyday. Amen.





***   G o o d       L u c k     t o    U s    ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

bloody eyes

bloody eyes
"Bloody Eyes"- by Princess Secret, one of my first paintings.